Wednesday, 8 February 2012

FREELANCE TEA DRINKING ADVENTURES

Being a freelancer is great. You can truly focus on working on what you're good at, you don't get involved in office politics and it's totally acceptable to complete vast amounts of work wearing just your knickers (only if you're working from home, people!).

However, if you work from home, it can get lonely (cue violins) and make you go a bit mad. Until I can afford my own desk space in a real place with actual real people, I've taken to being one of those dickheads who sit in the corner of a cafe with a Macbook. I also visited my friend Victoria Topping in her studio today to do work whilst drinking tea and listening to jazz. One day I'll have a place of my own...

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love that bunting! I used to have a shared studio space with some friends but recently moved out. Now I'm back in my tiny apartment trying to fit all my craft supplies into 2 small rooms. I sit in there like a hermit sewing and watching bad TV shows for days on end. So I feel your pain! Maybe I should take my sewing to a cafe?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sucks doesn't it. i live in a tiny flat and go a bit crazy on my own, can't wait to have my own space. the downside/upside of cafes is you can end of spending all your money on cake. plus an old man in a cafe shouted at me for having a meeting on skype on wednesday! lolz.

      Delete

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER