Monday, 25 October 2010

MF Doom

Last week MF Doom came to Bristol. Doom is an artist that I've always loved - especially the albums MM Food, Madvilliany and Vaudeville Villain. The show was good and it was great to finally see him but I don't think he's the best live artist. Still the place was rammed and it's really nice to see hip hops still alive for people in Bristol.

Anyway the reason for this post is just so I can put up a couple of my favourite songs of his. He opened with Accordian which I loved as it's such a great song - so soft and mellow.



My all time best is 'Let Me Watch' - I love it as it's so rare to get a portrayal of love in hip hop which has a strong female character. I love that the love story falls apart and then becomes about the girl and what she's going through. Apani B is amazing and it's a shame she didn't do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER